Tri-County Health Care Consortium
Our Mission - To address health care issues in the workforce by increasing health care opportunity awareness, providing health care training, educating youth on the importance of health care careers, and sharing resources.
Benefits of Joining
- Recruitment and Retention Initiatives
- Hiring opportunities through job fairs
- Participation in the promotion of health care careers and opportunities
- Professional development opportunities for staff at minimal or no cost
- Accessible professional development within county
- Advertisement opportunities
- Website and links to Consortia members
- Recognition of health care employees and providers
- Collaboration of health care and educational providers, economic and workforce development agencies and other direct and supportive health care organizations
- Grant opportunities
About the Tri-County Health Care Consortium
The Tri-County Workforce Investment Board, Inc. identified health care as a local key industry cluster in 2002 due to the critical shortage of health care workers in Armstrong, Butler, and Indiana Counties. Health Care Consortia groups were formed in all three counties to work collaboratively to identify and provide common training needs, assist health care workers advance in career ladders, provide health career/job fairs and information sessions, design strategies for recruitment and retention of health care workers, educate public and youth on the rewarding and attainable careers in health care and recognize health care workers for their service and commitment to their professions.
The Tri-County Health Care Consortium have adopted the following initiatives:
- Identify the specific training needs of health care workers as determined by the three health care consortia and offer the training.
- Identify best practices in training and career ladders that could be shared to strengthen the region’s retention rates.
- Support the capacity building among the local and regional industry cluster groups to ensure the consortia have the ability to achieve their missions effectively and maintain their sustainability.
- Implement recruitment and retention strategies to improve the health care service delivery in the three counties.
How to Join
Membership in the Tri-County Health Care Consortium is available to health care providers, educational providers, human service agencies, and workforce and economic development agencies.
For more information about joining the Armstrong, Butler, or Indiana Health Care Consortiums, please contact:
Director of Planning and Grant Coordination
Tri-County Workforce Investment Board
112 Hollywood Drive, Suite 201
Butler, PA 16001
Armstrong County Health Care Consortium meets the second Friday once a quarter at 9 a.m. at the Armstrong Educational Trust, West Hills Industrial Park, 81 Glade Drive, Kittanning, PA 16201.
Butler County Health Care Consortium meets the first Wednesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. at the various provider locations.
Indiana County Health Care Careers Consortium meets the second Tuesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. at the PA CareerLink Indiana County, 300 Indian Springs Road, Indiana, PA 15701.